As recorded in the Certificate of Incorporation, the mission statement of this Council identifies the following goals:
- To reduce the extent of alcohol and other drug abuse in the Finger Lakes;
- To reduce the future incidence of alcoholism and other drug dependence;
- And to minimize the harm experienced in society due to the consequences of abuse and dependence.
The Council is committed to the increased awareness of health and safety issues regarding alcohol, tobacco and other drug use, abuse, and dependency.
Our presence in the community is designed to change attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors and to promote healthy lifestyles for communities, families, and individuals utilizing research-based strategies.
This Council is a community-based alcohol/drug abuse prevention and education agency, serving Ontario, Schuyler, Seneca, Wayne, and Yates counties.
Community Coalitions / Partnerships
- Partnership for Ontario County
- Schuyler County Coalition on Underage Drinking and Drugs
- Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition of Ontario County
- Yates Substance Abuse Coalition
- Wayne Wellness