The recent hurricanes Harvey and Irma have left a trail of devastation in their wakes. National Service organizations across the country are mobilizing to do whatever they can to help provide relief for those whose lives have been impacted.
Locally, in our Finger Lakes region, we are fortunate to have a wealth of National Service volunteers already providing service across Wayne, Ontario, Seneca, Yates and Cayuga counties. Our corps of over 200 Foster Grandparent, RSVP and Finger Lakes Living Healthy AmeriCorps volunteers are banding together to conduct a DONATE a DOLLAR drive, to collect funds to be donated to the United Way National office located in Virginia.
All local United Way offices are in support of this drive, and the National office as assured our dedicated volunteers that 100% of collected funds will be dedicated to hurricane relief efforts coordinated out of the United Way National office.
How can YOU contribute?
- DONATE a DOLLAR to one of our National Service volunteers when you see them!
- All will have their picture ID designating them as an FGP, RSVP or AmeriCorps volunteer.
- Visit www.waynecap.org for a list of Host Sites currently sponsoring a volunteer.
- Send a check, payable to Wayne County Action Program, Inc, with ‘Hurricane Relief’ in the memo.
- Drop off cash donations to: Wayne County Action Program, 159 Montezuma St., Lyons, NY 14489
Please contact Robert Weaver at (315) 665-0131 x180 with any questions.